We have been having some serious rain here in Sydney and the rain has been heavy all week, but for some reason the rain is always heaviest at school drop off and pick up times. :(
I have been wearing my gumboots everyday and my long black parker...I'm sure people are thinking that girl never changes her clothes but of course I do, I just have the best shoes and jacket for this crazy rain.
I feel like at school drop off and pick up I'm always telling the kids "don't get wet" "try to stay dry" or "Finn, stay out of that puddle" mainly because they will be in wet clothes all day. But under my new theory of "live a little" (which I'm adopting as sometimes I feel like I have become a nana with some things and I need to pull back to the young chicky that I am) :) Friday arvo we came straight home and I said to the kids, 'do the quickest change out of your uniform and put your gumboots on'. There was a slight break in the pouring rain (although I was prepared to get under an umbrella to get these shots) and the biggest puddle we could find out the front was the gutter. Now I know what some of you would be thinking eeugh! gutter water! but I say "live a little" and here is what we came up with.
My little quiet, reserved Tahlia got into it the most. Check out the intense look on her face as she tries to slam the puddle as hard as she could to make the biggest splash. You go girl!
Finn was in heaven too!
I LOVE my camera and the way it captures water this way. Awesome fast shutter speed!
Kyra was a little more reserved but still got into it. I LOVE her red raincoat and was wishing she had red gumboots to match and maybe a spotty umbrella....
I totally love seeing my kids have fun and express pure joy on their faces...
Lets all "live a little" too this week and my challenge to you all is to capture yourself "livin a little" this week, we all know how important it is to get yourself in photos. If it wasn't for the fact that I had to stand out on the road for these shots I would have been in one too.
Have a great week everyone :)
December Daily® 2023 | Paint + Play with Jill
3 years ago










A very good reminder Jo! I just love the look on their faces - truly priceless.
ReplyDeleteJo, I'm taking both portrait and landscape photos for WITL - I take the shot the best way I can, using my p&s for this project though, and use the templates accordingly.
HAH! my kids love to play in the gutter here too, although I do tend to put the brakes on that sort of activity when its cold! wet season however, they seem to be in a constant state of wet/muddy....
ReplyDelete