Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Space to scrap!

Well I've been meaning to take these pictures for a long time and today I had five minutes to myself so I quickly tidied the desk (it never normally looks this neat!) and snapped some pics of my scrap space.
I'm very lucky that Nick has allowed me to take over this computer room, yes I have totally taken over the room from what it originally looked like and I say 'allowed me' not because I have to ask permission but because everything of his has slowly dwindled including his precious F1 racing photos on the wall to make way for a creative zone. I like having a space that gives me a bit of identity and allowes me to be creative, I'm so lucky also that I can leave things set up and come back to them when i get a chance. I found that so much of your old life changes when you have kids all good changes of course but things are definitely different so I love that when I need a break from everything I have my little creative haven to get lost in. An added bonus is that I can see straight out the window to the backyard and because of the way our backyard is when the kids pay on the grass infront of the window and I'm sitting at the computer or desk then my eyes are level with their knees or in other words I can see everything that is going on!

So here is what you see as you enter the room...
This next photo is my computer desk, filing stuff, calendar and things to do wall...
This next photo is my scrapping desk. I love that I can jump between the desk and the computer when I'm doing a page it makes life alot easier for me. I know where all my supplies are and everything has a little spot. I have collected lots of cool little containers and storage things over the years.
My inspiration wall...
My favourite piece of furniture in the whole house is the ikea expedit shelves. They are a scrappers dream as they perfectly fit albums and 12x12 paper trays etc. I bought the clear boxes for this shelf in here (we have the baskets in the toy area on the other shelf) and stuck a plain piece of cardstock to the inside front so you couldn't see all the random mess. The shelf is busy as it is let alone seeing the inside of the boxes. On top of the shelf there is a flower box for each year of photos waiting to be scrapped (I know it's overwhelming) and the school days kit from KTOM (so excited to have those kits!) I like having the paper all in colour groups and shelves of PP also. Then there trays for completed pages half finished pages etc. I did manage for find some wooden A's (thank you for the kind people who were looking out for me but I am still on the lookout for a wooden letter a that looks like this a not like this A. if you find one anywhere let me know :)
Lastly as much as would love to have the room all to myself I do share it with the girls. They have their own little creative centre going on there. I have a pile of new pictures they have down to put up on their wall and everyday there is new little paper creations that apparently need a spot :) They have a few cubes with writing and drawing books and one that is full of boxes and toilet rolls etc for making masterpieces. Its sometimes rather nice to be creating pages on one side of the room and turn around and see the girls busy creating before my eyes on the other side. We play computer and print out pictures to colour and they have a stack of little folders they have papers in it that are ever so precious with a huge amount of sticky tape and glue and magazine cutting stuck to them. It's very cute and cool to go through them once in awhile in the quiet and see how clever they are at being creative. I'm so excited that they love being creative too. My mum is an artist so her creativeness has flowed on in us, I feel so lucky to have that streak :)
I would love to see your scrap spaces or your nook (it may be the kitchen table where you set up and scrap)where you can be creative too and be yourself and get lost in your scrapping. Send me a picture ( just click on the email me button in the side bar)and I'll post them all next Wednesday on this blog. If you don't want to send it then still take a photo of it and scrap it :)

5 comments:

  1. great post Jo! I was just thinking of doing the same thing, though I need to do the clean up part first. Sadly I dont have a lovely window in my room, but luckily I do have a large desk and lots of storage space in the office. I have been even thinking of getting a bookcase with the squares (like the Ikea one, but not from Ikea, sadly!) to replace the old bookcase that sits on my desk as shelves (husband badly needs somewhere to put all of his truck books and manuals!) I'll try and get some photos soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so spoilt to have a whole scrap room! It's gorgeous! Now I expect HEAPS of layout from you. You must be loving IKEA almost as much as me....

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I was that organized, my world would be a happy, happy place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm only three years late in commenting, but hey, great storage and craft rooms never get old, right?! Love your space!

    ReplyDelete