Friday, June 5, 2009

Lots of shopping and a scrap page...

Well it's been a week since I've posted and to been honest I've spent most of that time sleeping to catch up on the awesome weekend that I had with girlfriends in Melbourne...to that in a minute.

First I wanted to finally post a page that i did this week in all my tiredness. The photo of it is not the best(I have issues photographing my pages and am desperate for an A3 scanner so if anyone has any tips for me I'll be glad to hear them). These were photos from Mothers Day that Nick took and i love that I'm in the same spot just with a different child in each. I journaled about how being their mum is an honor and a little bit about their individual personality is right now. It's nice to have the 3 of them on a page together like that, the same but so different. I knew I wanted to use the big letter M and based the colours for the rest of the page around that. The grey/sliver square under the bottom photo I love as it has a bit of a sparkle(it was from my prize pack sent from Simple scrapbooks last year). The loveheart ilet I have had forever and it's also been forever since i have used ilets.
Well we shopped till we dropped and this week I have been so so tired as a result...what do they say about needing a holiday from the holiday :) It was so much fun just being able to sit and have coffee and walk around the shops ALL DAY without kids, this was a huge thing for me and a much needed break. I love bargains when I shop and we all got heaps. I did take my little camera away as I knew it was more about shopping than photo taking so my SLR stayed at home. In saying that my pics aren't great and a bit blurred, for me nothing beats the SLR. Anyway I managed a self portrait in amoungst shopping in one shop that had a huge mirror which was fun.
Check out this amazing cake shop in the main street of St Kilda...it was seriously amazing, I wanted to sample everything!
This street sign was cool(mainly because we don't see this in Sydney) It lights up and flashes 'watch for trams'

Well I'll be scrapping the rest of the pics and this coming week I'm planning to scrap lots as I'll be fully energised again from all my sleeping this week :)

I hope you have a great long weekend. JO

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a fabulous trip! I could use a little break like that. Been trying to catch up on sleep here too. LOVE that page you did a great job. Wish lots of scrapping was going on here too. Wish the ideas would just pop out onto the page after I think of them - would get so much done! I actually like the blurry pic looks like you very having heaps of fun! Rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo, i have just looked at your fantastic blog, well done, its great. Im glad i ran into you today so that you could remind me of the name of your blog!!. Kathryn

    ReplyDelete