Finally I got to scrap. I feel like I was having withdrawals not having done a page for a while. Now that I'm on a role I want to keep going. I have a million photos that are printed and waiting to be scrapped but I just love printing the new photos as they are fresh in my head. Yesterday whilst my girls were at dancing I raced up to Miranda Fair to get a layby and print some photos. I timed it perfectly to put them in and collect and get back to dancing in time. I was so proud of myself when i got home that I managed to fit everything in. When I got a spare second when the kids were eating dinner i went to get my photos that i printed and they were nowhere to be found. I searched the car and my two bags that i had. I pulled the pram out of the car and opened it and still no photos. AHHH they were seriously nowhere! Then I remembered that as i got to the car to put Finn in that there was one thing on the top of the pram that was almost about to fall off and I grabbed it before it hit the ground. I was in a rush and loaded everything in very quickly. I think my photos fell off the top of the pram somewhere between the shop and the car. So as annoying as it is that I wanted to scrap them tonight I hate that someone could be looking at my photos right now. Of course I lost the packet that had a photo of me in my cozzie to make it worse. I hope someone hands them in somewhere....anyway, moving on.
Journaling reads:
You two are only 14 weeks apart in age and as you get older the gap gets smaller. You are now more than ever recognising each other and love to play together. Finn when you see Abbie you always give her a big smile and a wave. Your older brother and sisters run around so fast it’s hard to keep up with them so the two of you potter around together when we all hang out. Abbie sometimes plays hard to get running away from your cuddles but you always manage to get a little kiss in somewhere along the line. Your mummy’s met over 5 yrs ago at the clinic group in Caringbah when Kyra and Owen were first born and have been friends ever since. Finn, I hope you two remain good friends too as she has been your friend since the start :)
Photos taken at Shelly Beach Park late in the afternoon, whilst on a playdate on 27th April 2009
So Di set the challenge to find connections in your photos from old photos to recent ones. I have been looking through old photos to try to find some that were similar. It has made me realise that I need to work on my photo storage and also spend some time scanning in old photos from when I was little and from the 2 years of Kyra's life that we didn't have a digital camera (that is an overwhelming task). A set of photo came to mind straight away.
The first Photo is me with my two good friend Michelle and Carla in 2003. We all worked together and were pregnant at the same time. We of course needed the belly shots. The second photo was taken when all 3 bubbas were out. Kyra was 1 month old, Ellie was 9 days old and Rafferty was only a few hours old (Carla you look so amazing for just giving birth!). The third photo was taken at Kyras first birthday party and the fourth was taken on the 4th of March this year when they all started Kindergarten. I love that they have been friends since the womb :)
This one is my very first mothers day where Kyra brought me in daisies tied with brown string(my favourite) and my most recent mothers day where my 3 cutie kids brought me in breakfast.
I'm going to keep looking for some connection photos. It's an easy way to scrap as the journaling becomes so easy as the photos speak for themselves.
This scrapped page could be the most simplest pages I have ever done. I felt like i didn't need anything fancy as the writing on the photo was the most important thing. I just tried to grab the colours in the pp for the edging and the inking. ( bad photo taking I know...sorry)
Now I'll get back to 'Catching up" on things...the night is young :)


I love those photos and all the wonderful memories that go along with them. We should get a now photo with them too. Thank goodness those curtains are long gone!!! Carla
ReplyDelete