Monday, April 27, 2009

Does the lounge suck you in as a sleep drug?

Well after a lazy Sunday night hanging with "my man", eating yummy dinner and watching my fav shows the lounge seemed to suck me in as if it was some sort of sleep drug :) One minute I was all alert and the next minute it's 3 1/2 hours later and I'm waking up. Yes it's now after midnight and I'm awake and feeling fresh from a nana nap, crazy I know. Does anyone elses lounge suck them in like that or is it just me????
Anyway on to the second project that I promised.
Well last year I took on Nicole's mammoth task of the 52 weeks journal. I was all enthusiastic at first and keep up to date and stayed up to date with my photo taking but go a little behind in organising my journaling. So to be completely honest I almost have a completed book, I just need to print off some of the last weeks journaling. I love the concept of being able to look back on the things that i did and thought so I am determined to finish it. Last year was a particularly hard year for me with my son being tube fed for so long that even though it was hard and even a bit raw to journal about these struggles and emotions looking back maybe it was the perfect year to do it as I tried to stay so real in my journaling and isn't that what we want our kids to read...real life stuff, the good and the bad. I used Di's layout idea for my formatting which was quick and easy to print out and also the concept of writing down how much random things cost. That will be the funny thing in a few years time I'm sure.

So when I got to the new year I really wanted to do something again this year and had cool visions that in 10 years time i would have 10 matching books lined up on the shelf all with great insight inside for my kids to read. (small confession...I love when things all match on shelves, it's that OCD inside of me).
I realistically didn't think I could take on the same project again so I thought that each year should be a little different. I was reading Emily's blog and she proposed 52Q. A question a week for 52 weeks and even better she was going to give us the questions to answer each week so i didn't even need to make up them up. I loved the flexibility of this as I could turn it into a similar project with a similar format.Emily does hers on little luggage tags so they can all sit on a ring together which I love also. So now for some pics.
Here are my title pages for the two books, I wanted them to be a bit similar. (sorry that the photo seems a little dark now that it is up on the screen). I bought the albums from office works for $4 and like how that have a plastic pocket on the front cover and spine to slide the card stock behind and a plastic pocket in the front to slide my photos in until I'm ready to put it together so I don't lose them.


This is the LO for the 2008 52 week journal with one 6x8 photo and one 6x8 journal block.

Here is my LO for the 52Q book. One 6x4 photo and one 6x4 question card. On the opposite page i used an Ali Edwards journaling card to write about the photo. I'm plucking photos from the past as well as recent ones and kinda trying to match the photos up with the question. I like the quickness of handwriting for this project and it brings in the personal element too. I wrote the answer to the question in black and used different coloured pens to write in the celebrate journal card.

Here is the question card. I have it saved on the computer and each week just change the question and date and print it out. Too easy.

It's not to late to start the 52Q and catch up on the weeks past. They are really easy questions and you can make the answers as long or as short as you like. Don't forget you can use photos that you already have.

I hope this inspires you to do good journaling this week :)

4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea!
    I too took up Nicoles challenge for the 52 week journal and I actually finished it! That in itself is an acheivement for me. I am not a finisher normally.
    I actuially missed keeping the journal for the first few weeks and was tempted to continue but cause I did not HAVE too I did not.... typical!!! LOL

    I think I might take your advice or can I call it a challenge (so I finish it!)

    Thanks for a fantastic idea and for sharing your wonderful pages.
    Jenny S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you are amazing Jo!! I am SO embarrassed to admit that I couldn't even finish my own challenge have have re-done my title page to now read 32 weeks! I loved what I did though, and would like to come up with another, simpler idea for 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MAN O MAN...you are on Fire my girl! I love how quickly you get things done when you come up with idea! Think I might give the 52 questions a go...might start on 1st May!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Jo...I have to say I also did Nicole's 52 weeks, kept the photos up to date (need to print the last 10 weeks) not so good with the journalling, but can go back through my diary and calendar to fill the blanks. So badly needs finishing and getting off my desk! Love this new idea too, might do like Di, and start half way through the year so it would be 26 weeks! :-) I liked the idea of the Project 365 but there was no way I could maintain it past the first WEEK, so this different version of 52 Weeks would a great way to differently capture everyday life.

    Oh, you so have given me another project that I will HAVE to do!

    ReplyDelete