Monday, April 6, 2009

Some pages...

Well I've been trying to stay busy and on my scrapping roll and do at least a page a day if not more just to stay on top of it all and I'm finding it very inspiring. I'm lucky that I have a scrapping room that is just dedicated to that so I can leave my projects out when they are half finished and come back to them any time. Actually that has reminded me to scrap my scrap space. I must get onto that and take some photos.

Here are some recent things I've done.
Its hard to see in the photo but the sides are inked with blue and one top corner is rounded. I definitely love journaling on pages but this one I wanted the photo to speak for itself.

here is the journaling for the double page of Confident little walker:
Walking has totally changed your world….and mine! My little boy who crawled around now suddenly looks so, so big. I used to easily be able to track where you were going now you literally are running away from me...not on purpose, not yet anyway. You are just loving this new found freedom that comes with standing up. It’s like you see the world a whole different way and want to explore it all over again. These photos were taken 5 days after you officially started walking more than crawling. On Thursday 8th Jan you just let go of the tv low boy and walked to the lounge and then you just never crawled again that day. It was so weird and random. It came from no where really you had taken a few steps before and then nothing for ages. Then all of a sudden you just decided “today I’m going to walk and you did. It is amazing how quick you suddenly could just do it.
In these photos we are at the beach at Dolls Point and you spent most of your time not playing in the sand, but running along the pathway just above the sand. You literally did laps up and down with such a huge grin on your face as you went, it was priceless to watch and passers by commented saying “oh how cute is he!” &”That is just the most adorable thing I’ve seen” You were extremely cute I must say. This is a huge milestone for you and I’m so happy it has come with such confidence. Well done little mate, you’re a champ!

Yes I know there is a button on the page...I'm stepping out of my box :)


Last December my sister and I gave my mum for her birthday the Kikki.K recipe folder(I so want my own...mothers day is coming hint hint Nick) with all the works and she has worked hard at getting all her recipes into each section, yes it is the ultimate is organisational recipe books and of course very stylish. Anyway on my mums birthday I took this photo of her cooking up a storm with yummy prawns and i had the idea to make a title page for the book to finish off the present. Its been a while I know but here it is.

I have to just add in this last photo of my gorgeous boy Finn. I took it this morning just before we left for playgroup. I hate that Summer is leaving us already but when I see little runners, beanies and warm cuddly clothes I think winter can't be that bad....right????

5 comments:

  1. hey Jo - love the pages - esp. the double one!

    Also have been adoring the Kikki K recipe binder thing, but then thought I would do my own version a la Cathy Z. But of course, it hasn't happened yet! The cover page for your mums book - gorgeous, and I bet she just loves it! (love the muted colour scheme on the bench too, very nice!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Jo our houses must be similar! Love beanies too they are so cool. Noah has a heanie and he looks so cute in it. Will find pic from my phone and post it. Noah was exactly two weeks when we had the feet photo taken, I have another not yet scrapped with all four of us when Kate was 6 months. Love the pages, the shot of Finn with the bike is my fav from the movie. And love Finn's jacket Noah had a lot of that PP robots stuff I loved it and its colours! I just put buttons on my LO too - harder to find boy type simple embelishments. Love the title page for your Mum's recipe folder, bet she does too. Where oh where did you get the threading waters punch - can't find one anywhere local here!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been hanging out to do a scrapped recipe book/album for about 2 years now. This photo of Finn is TOO cute, Beanies are the cutest things ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finn is very photogenic and cute. Love the pages, especially the Confident Little Walker series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is your little boy! I know what you mean about the 'warm cuddly' clothes - Finn looks exactly that in the last shot. Loved the 'Confident LIttle Walker' double page.

    ReplyDelete