Tonight I'm getting ready to host my sisters baby shower tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it. I made the invites and liked that I kept them simple. Along the bottom I used my new Fiskars threading water border punch (it might be a bit hard to see in the scan) and it could be my new favourite thing. I love that you can line it up perfectly each time you puch along the line.I'm putting together a little ring of tags that each guest will fill out. I scanned a 7 gypsies It's a boy tag and printed them on blue paper. Each guest will fill out the front with their guess and on the back give Kylie some special words of wisdom. I'll take a photo tomorrow of the finished product as it's a bit hard to describe how it will end up looking
. Here is the sample tag.
. Here is the sample tag.I scrapped today for the first time in what feels like forever and it really felt good, just being creative and getting ideas out of my head and onto the paper was fun. I printed these photo the other day and didn't check them before i left the shop so the little photos came out in printed form a little darker that i would have liked. Normally I wouldn't have scrapped them like this but I decided to run with it, when I'm feeling creative and have the time it's more important that I use the photos I have rather than waiting to repint as i can always do that later down the track. I liked the freedom of not doing computer journaling at the moment...kinda arty and much quicker. I have bought a heap of new stamps that I am busting to use in the new lot of layouts I do. I used two here. The Take note stamp is a Fontworks stamp that I spotted on Ali and Cathys blog a while back and the date stamp is by Snag 'em stamps. 
I also got out my sewing machine which I have wanted to do for a while and did some messy sewing circles around the stamp.
I want to do a bit more sewing on my pages, now that it is out and set up ready to go.
I know this is not scrapping related but I had my hair cut on Saturday by my good friend Corie for my friend Carla's 40th birthday. It feels weird not to have long hair anymore as quite a bit was cut of, but now it feels alot nicer and I love the colours. We had a really fun night with a very cool juke box.

Anyway, I hope you have a fun weekend with some scrapping thrown in of course :)


Wow - you got the sewing machine out!!! Go you! And I LOVE those photos of Tahlia and Noah on that layout. So cute!!
ReplyDeleteGo the sewing Jo...my machine is out...I so should use it...it might just tonight!!
ReplyDeleteLove the photo of you...nice do!!
Have to head to that park as soon as the rain stops.
Thanks guys, the sewing machine is FUN! All I need now is cottons to match my Bazzill colours...that could be tomorrows job :)
ReplyDeleteYes Di, I'm waiting to hear how that little shoot went when your mum was here...
Hi Jo, thanks for the reply to my questions! I will start playing (I think it will take awhile - over a week or so - for me to gather footage & images)and no doubt I will have some more questions, so you might be hearing from me! I know nothing about videoing, so it will be a learning curve. Loved that song - what is the name/artist? I've heard it but never paid any attention to the details!
ReplyDeletethanks again
sharon
Looks like you guys had fun! Love the layout-fab design!
ReplyDelete