Friday, January 21, 2011

Food shopping is "O so fun"...NOT!

A quick post to share my photo from Wednesday the 19th of January.

School holidays + 3 kids + food shopping = this photo....


Finn is losing it as he wants to walk, but then losing it even more and becoming even louder when the girls start laughing at him (not very nice I know but it was funny). Other shoppers must have thought I was crazy. Despite all this we actually had a fun shopping experience as I looked like a goose with my SLR around my neck snapping pictures the whole way around. I even let the girls hold the camera (yes, take a big deep breath and pray they don't drop it) to take picture of what ever food that liked. At the end of the shop I bought them hot chips with chicken salt that smelt amazing (but I resisted, YAY for me) to celebrate :) and Kyra said 'Mum I really loved that'. So sometime it pays to be a goose to create fun experiences for your kids,
I dare you to venture though the supermarket with camera, tourist style, around your neck. Apart from having fun you will capture products and packaging that may change in time to come and see things in a different light.

Just so you know that I didn't torture Finn the whole way round here is what happened
 when the boy runs free...



P.S. I have no say anymore with my Fashionistas and what they wear. I said before we left home that we were only going food shopping but boots, belts and dresses were very necessary. HELP I say, what is ahead of me!

4 comments:

  1. Great pics Jo. It is hard to get over that "look like a goose" feeling but it is so worth it to have shots like these. However this post does remind me that I should get out and do the grocery shopping before my kids come home from their holiday at Grandma's tomorrow. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! And it sounds like you survived well. Working on 365 here. Love the shopping idea. Been avoiding going myself! The girls look adorable, or I am sure there is a more funky word they would approve of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. heh heh, the boy. have one of those slightly older - he too likes to ride on the front of the trolley, with warning that I WILL run him over if he keeps getting on and off and on and off...and as for the girls, I have two of those as well, and the clothes thing...dare I say from experience...umm, they are products of ones own creation! "that doesn't MATCH mum!". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I have so been there! Remember my layout about shopping in Coles with kids and the photo of them in the twin shopping trolley and Amelias photo of freddo frogs and the scrapped coles docket? Good times. Embarrassing taking photos of the fruit isle though!

    ReplyDelete