Sunday, February 8, 2009

This crazy life...

I thought seeing as scrapbooking is one of my passions that I would put some of my pages on this blog. So it is only fitting that I put up as the first scrapbooking page for you to see, my favourite page and the page that inspired the name for my blog. There is totally nothing fancy about this layout infact it is very normal and boring (or "simple" which is my style). It's the journalling that I love and the photo of me. I hardly ever say that I love photos of myself but I'm learning to as they capture the person I am at that very moment. In years to come I would hate to think that I didn't make it into any photos at all.

Journalling reads (incase it's not clear)


This photo is so very me, When I look at it I feel like I really see myself, The spirit of me, The me I was when I was young kid and had not a worry in the world when I would play my imaginary games for hours at a time, the me I was during my twenties when I felt like I had a crazy life (in a good way) and saw bands with Nicholas every weekend and danced in mosh pits and loved it. The me I am still now under all the stress and worry that I’ve had this past year. I am still in there. This photo was taken by my three and a half year old
middle child Tahlia. She didn't want to be in a photo, she just wanted to take them, she was, because of this having a tantrum, so to turn her mood around I gave in and gave her my SLR and pulled some funny faces and won back her smile and in doing so she captured me. I hope this is how my kids see me, a fun, crazy mum who will do anything for them and
especially anything to make them smile. When I look at this photo I want to be that fun spirit every day. I still want and have a slice of that crazy life I had, we just added 3 kids to the mix to make it even better. As my stress subsides this me will come out in all aspects of my daily (crazy) life. I can’t wait to see her more.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Joey! I love this page! I can't believe Tahlia took that pic, it is totally you. And your blog is great! You must bring your new scraps on Tues, ok???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your page Jo - your journalling is so heartfelt. Really enjoying reading your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this layout Jo and the photo is perfect - great that you captured this about yourself!

    ReplyDelete