This exact time last year I was holding Kyra's hand as we did our first walk up the street toward big school but today Tahlia didn't want to hold my hand, she held the hands of her sister and her best friend...how lucky can you get.
She had a great morning and wasn't scared in the slightest, she embraced every bit of it. She showed confidence and a calmness as She sat on the classroom floor and listened to the teacher say good morning, she was in her element. I could tell without her saying that she was just so excited to be entering Kyra's world.
Here is a picture of Tahlia and Halle, (T's bestie) with their colouring in.
Now to back track a little. Last year a friend up the road had a special morning tea for all the girls going to big school who lived in our street and Kyra just loved it. It was a great chance to meet other mums and for Kyra to start playing with girls that she would go to school with. So with Tahlia having her orientation this year I decided to do just that. A few weeks ago Tahlia sent out these little invitations that I whipped up (it's my scrapping effort for the moment). 8 little girls plus Tahlia enjoying cupcakes and pink milk...so cute.
It was so much fun and all the girls got on so well and played and played whilst all the mum ate the most yummiest treats, it was great.
I love this world that I'm entering...having two children at school. It's emotional though. It means my babies are big and so not babies anymore.
So seeing as these invites are literally my only scrapping effort in forever I'm pleased to announce that if I don't have at least one page to show you tomorrow then there is something wrong! I'm scrapping with my guru buddies tomorrow and sooooooooo looking forward to it and of course all the yummy treats that will be consumed. Did you know that calories cannot be absorbed whilst in scrapping mode? It is such a known fact....well thats what I'm telling myself anyway.


Looks like so much fun - wish I lived closer. No school for Noah next year he will go the year after. I love the high tea party, can I hire you and your mum to do the catering for Kate's 3rd birthday? With Amaris doing the invites I should be set!
ReplyDeleteLovely to hear more from you, Happy Scrapping today! And I must adhere to your scrap/food theory I like it alot!
Awesome idea Jo. Might give that a go next year for Livvy.
ReplyDeleteAnd might I say...those yummy treats were as good as they looked :)
I can't believe how many 5 yr old girls there are in your street!!! We only have 2 - Lucy and one other. :(
ReplyDelete