Friday, August 28, 2009

Fun Food Friday's

Jo's Weetbix slice
Preheat oven to 180 and grease a slice tin ready. Use can use baking paper if you like as the can help your slice come out of the tin easier.



Ingredients.
4 Weetbix
1 cup of SR Flour
3/4 Cup of Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup of Coconut
1/2 cup of milk choc bits
1/2 cup of white choc bits
150g butter
200g block of Cadbury choc for topping



In a bowl crush the weetbix and add/combine flour, coconut, sugar. In a separate bowl melt butter in the microware then add to dry ingredients and combine. Then add the choc bits (if you add them before the butter the butter will melt the bits so add them at this point in the recipe). Mix well. Tip all ingredients out into the slice tin and press down hard and flat.
Bake for 20 mins. (just keep an eye on it around or just before the 20 min mark as all ovens are different and the slice will be too crunchy if overcooked). Leave to cool for a minute and then tip out onto a wire rack. Leave to cool for a bit.
Melt your Cadbury chocolate in a bowl and pour over the top of the slice spreading evenly. As the choc on top is cooling/setting score it with a knife into piece sizes. Your choc will crack if you leave it to cut when it is set. Cut the piece right through to the base when the choc if fully set and serve and most importantly ENJOY!! :)


2 comments:

  1. I did ...I did...
    Does this mean there's a batch at your house...IM THERE IN 5!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking I could just eat the block of chocolate - no cooking involved. If I go to the effort does that mean I have done exercise and that the weetbix in it makes it healthy? Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete