Well as per usual in my crazy life i have been running, not walking through life and have been doing LOTS! so I'm taking this opportunity to talk about some random things.
Firstly to answer some questions that people have left in the comments section of some posts.
Leanne asked about where I got my family stamp. I drew a design of what I wanted and took it along with a sample of the 7 Gypsies "observation stamp" and had it made up from St George Rubber Stamp Co in Caringbah near my house. This was in November last year. The man there was was an older man and just the sweetest thing and so very helpful, he had a proof of the stamp made the same day which I checked and then made the stamp overnight. It was the quickest service ever. It was $50 for the self inking stamp (this may be cheaper for the plain handle stamp, I'm not sure). At the time I made it up it was for the backs of the envelopes for Christmas cards, I had looked at the stamps on ETSY (Such a fan of ETSY!) but the deliver was long and I would have missed it for Christmas so I went with the local option, I think it works out about the same and I didn't have to pay for the proof. I said to him that when people saw it they might want one too. So if you are wanting one you can ring up and order easily as my order/design is on file and he said he would just change the details for each order. I don't mind sharing :) St George Rubber stamp co is at 7/365 Kingsway Caringbah 2229 and the phone no is 9540 5606.
Next was a question from Renee about my canvas on the wall in the rainbow leg photo. I totally lifted Nicoles idea found here in the archives of Remember When. As soon as I saw Nicoles canvas I had to do one for my girls who also share a room. It was really fast and easy once I had all the photos printed. I'm organising a bigger one for my bedroom wall so when that's finished I'll post it. Nicole, I may need to call on you for help!
Next in the random list is some photos of Me and my friend Jo at Tropfest (sun 22nd) hanging in the VIP section and mixing with the celebs (thanks Kent for giving me your ticket :) We had sooo much fun hanging out and of course walking the red carpet, all the short films were excellent. 

Chris Lilley the star of Summer Heights High, he was so cute and happy to pose for a photo, me at the end of the red carpet, Jo and I with the stunning Tara Moss who is so incredibly tall and seriously beautiful, and Australian idol winner Wes Carr who was very fun and happy to have a chat and is still down to earth. He hijacked the camera and took this one himself. Thanks Joey for a fun night!
As for the whole commune lifestyle, I think I'm up for it (i may have to move to Byron Bay) It was very fun and nice to just sit and hang with friends ALL day and into the night :)
Now I have been super busy running through my crazy life and haven't stopped for a while to scrap which is very depressing because I hate not scrapping and I don't want you all to think that I'm faking that i actually scrap :0) as I've hardly posted any any pages so I thought I'd post some i already had photographed until I get to do some new ones(hopefully later this week)
This is a double 12x12 page of Kyra and the amazing detailed drawing that she was doing at the time.
This next one is about my ipod and the fast exercise songs i had on it (my get skinny for Hawaii mix). I actually have a 8.5x11 page that goes next to it where I put a CD burnt copy of the mix so my kids could easily hear the song when they are older. I plan to do this type of page every once in a while to capture my music mixes and this I know will make me laugh and especially make my kids laugh when we are older when we listen to it. I would love to have a mix tape of my mums fav songs at the same age...they would be so differnt I'm sure.



What a lovely read through your post - thank you. And also thanks for answering my query about the photo frame in your girls bedroom. The timing of the layout of Kyra's drawings is perfect - I've been collecting my son, Tom's, drawings for a while now and been wondering how to include them in his album- would love to scraplift your page. Looks like you had a super night at the Tropfest. And lastly the photo of Tahlia from your last post with her Hi 5 badge & delighted smile is simply adorable.
ReplyDeleteYou sexy thing in that black dress! Kyra is quite an artist, takes after her Mum:) We loved camping too, I'm looking forward to the next time!
ReplyDeleteLook at Finn...Future Socceroo!
ReplyDeleteHi there!
ReplyDeleteI discovered your blog thanks to Di and Nicole.
I really like your layouts and photos!
I shall be back!
Hi Jo, Sorry it's taken me so long to tune in - I love your post - always loved this layout of your ipod - it inspired me to actually BUY an ipod and I've been wanting to do a page like this, but I am so embarrassed about my music selection!! I also bought it to make me walk/jog more, but it hasn't worked yet...:(
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this!! I need to do a page like this too b/c my Ipod is so precious to me. :)Great choice of papers and love the design!
ReplyDelete